Summer office look
Berlin summer is very special and short, indeed. However sometimes it´s getting really hot and we still have to work and attend business meetings. What is the idea of summer look for the office? Ok, for a person, who works in a creative business or in a start-up there is no dress code. And Berlin doesn’t´t actually care about dress code much. But still, working with people requires certain way of dressing. You know, your clothes tell the story before you even open your mouth. So as a fashion stylist and creative consultant I really prefer to dress up a kind of business-wise for my clients and my team.
There are numerous possibilities for styling of your office look. Today I would share with my color block office look. I love straight legged pants and lightly oversized button-down combination. This is a kind of a universal go-to look for me, when I have a lot of meetings during the day and don´t know where my evening would finish, in the restaurant with my husband, still working or meeting friends.
- When dressing up for the office – choose styles which you would never wear for the beach:)
- Choose light yet more or less firm natural fabrics. They will guarantee better fit and reduce the risk of wrinkles.
- Avoid too much extra elements – like vests, tops underneath and unnecessary belts. They would one add an extra portion of uncomfortable finish when it´s 30 degrees outside.
- Don´t be afraid of colors, all colors would work in the right combination, but keep them muted.
- Keep your look sophisticated, avoid too deep necklines, too short hemlines and transparent clothes.
- you might want to add some highlights. If it´s directly on your clothes – keep the subdued. Like little pearl on the blouse. If you are a fan of something less subtile, let it be a purse or watch
it´s all personal